Tradco Victorian Knob on Long Backplate Matt Black
- Width: 42mm
- Height: 152mm
- Projection: 75mm
- Available in Matt Black
- Lock Type: Privacy
- Screws: Included
- Sold as Pair
With this listing, by answering a couple of short questions, you can create a kit customised to your needs:
For "Passage" doors (e.g. a bedroom that doesn't need locking), you will generally need a lever/knob + a Tube Latch. If it's a double door, you may also require flush Bolts.
Flush Bolts are used to secure Double Doors, You can choose non-lockable and key-lockable option in various lengths.
When using flush bolts:
- We recommend you use one at the top and another at the bottom to keep the door secure and from rattling.
- For taller doors (2100mm and above) most customers prefer to use a 300mm on top of the door and 150mm on the bottom for extra security and protection against the wind. Alternatively, some customer's use a magnetic catch (such a PLS24PRO Magnetic Catch).
For 'Privacy" doors (e.g. a bathroom, en suite or a bedroom that you want to lock from the inside by turning a snib) you will generally need a Privacy Mortice Lock. (technically it is possible to also use a tube latch and privacy bolt, however this type of installation leaves little room for error as the latch and bolt will be installed very close together). If you have a strong prefer to install with a latch and bolt, pls find these in the "we also recommend section" at the bottom of this page.
For 'Entrance" doors (e.g. a front / back door or any door that you want to lock with a key) you will generally need:
- A Mortice lock (if you have a rebated (slightly overlapping) double door, please choose a "rebated" version (which also comes with a rebate kit)
- Once you've determined the thickness of your door, you can select either a "Key/Key" (lock and unlock with a key from both sides) or a "Key/Thumb" (meaning you can lock the door from the inside using thumb turn, instead of a key). The choice here is one of personal preference.
- For double doors, you will also need flush bolts.
- Flush Bolts are used to secure Double Doors, You can choose non-lockable and key-lockable options in various lengths.
- When using flush bolts, most customers prefer to use a 300mm on top of the door (as it's easier to reach) and 150mm on the bottom for extra security and protection against the wind.
(Amongst others) we offer Ball Bearing, Fixed Pin and Loose Pin hinges:
- Ball Bearing - We recommend using these for Entrance and heavier doors. This is because the ball bearing reduces friction on the hinge and stops squeaking and wearing of the hinge
- Fixed Pin - Mainly used on internal doors. They can also be used on entrance doors that are not heavy
- Loose Pin - Internal use only. Mostly used on bathroom door so the door can be removed (lifted off) in the locked postion (e.g. incase of an emergency)
Depending on the weight of your door, you will generally need 3 hinges for an Entrance door (which are more solid) and 2 hinges for internal doors.
Please use the tables below as a guide on the number of hinges you require, as well as the recommended hinge positioning.